If Boarding isn’t a good option for you, KCS offers In Home Kitty Sitting in the Southern Marin area. In this scenario, your kitty stays home, and our staff comes to them. Visits happen once or twice daily, as you wish. If one visit a day, the time of day will be relatively consistent. If two visits a day, they will happen in the AM & PM’s. KCS assigns one easy to reach Sitter to you for the entire duration of your Kitty Sit, so only one person will be in your home. Visits include feeding, fresh water, litter box cleaning, cuddling, play & Kitty Mail (short video reports showing how your cat is doing, sent real-time by text or email, so you have peace of mind knowing we are there). We are also happy to bring in mail, rotate lights, etc. Visits last approximately 30 minutes each.
While rates depend on distance and special requests, once daily visits are typically $35 a day, and if you would like us to come two times a day it’s typically $55 a day ($27.50 per visit). Sitting over holiday periods are +$10/day. If this is too much for you, we encourage you to try Boarding which starts at just $25 a day.
Sitting vs. Boarding
Sitting is generally best for short trips. We don’t want any lonely kitties, and we don’t want you to come home to a soiled couch either. If you plan to be gone longer than a week, you might consider Boarding with us, where your kitties will receive an abundance of love and attention from sunrise to sundown. However, if your kitty doesn’t do well Boarding, longer sits can certainly be accommodated.
Deposits & Cancelations
KCS will run 50% in advance of your trip, and 50% on the day of your return. There is a $50 cancellation fee. Because we are blocking our staff’s time, if you cancel with less than 7 day’s notice, you will lose your entire deposit. So please only confirm if you are sure.
Rules - PLEASE READ THEM!
- We do not feel it is safe to skip a single day. Kitties are fabulous at getting themselves into predicaments, and they are also experts at masking illness that can take them down quickly.
- We are unwilling to “share” a sit, we only take sits where we are the sitter from day one until the end.
- Kitties may not go outdoors during the time they are in our care. For their safety, it’s important that we are able to see them every time we visit. ALL cats must be kept inside in order for us to accept the sit.
- Clients must call, text or email KCS upon arrival home. For the safety of your kitties, we may continue to come at the established rate, if we are unable to get in touch with you.
Process (meeting your sitter, etc)
- Fill out the short Reservation Request below, so we may send you a firm quote
- Once you accept our quote, you will fill out a New Client Form specific to Sitting.
- Then we will set up a time for our Sitter to come your home – to get to know you, meet your cat, review care instructions, and learn your systems. This will be the first paid visit.
- You will give your Sitter 2 pre-tested keys at this introductory meeting. One key will be for your Sitter, and one will live at KCS for emergency.
- Once your sit is complete, you may pick both keys up upon your return, or our Kitty Taxi can deliver them to you ($20 per 1/2 hour).
PLEASE FILL OUT THE RESERVATION REQUEST BELOW TO SECURE A QUOTE
* Long term customers – Please fill this same form out each time you would like to secure your sitter.
Please note: KCS is prompt in our communication. If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours, you SHOULD be concerned that we did not get your form. Please call or email us if you do not hear back promptly.